Friday, 20 July 2012
SIDE BEND (DUMBELL) FOR STRONG ABS
DUMBELL SIDE BEND
PRIMARY TARGET : ABS MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : LOWER BACK
1. Hold a dumbbell in right hand and stand up straight, while maintaining a shoulder width gap between your feet.
2. In the above position, your right hand is holding a dumbell (palm facing the torso) and other is on your head as shown above.
3. In this starting position, stand firmly with your back straight and now twist/bend (only from your waist) to the right as deep as you can do, while inhaling.
4. Pause for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
5. While exhaling, slowly come back to the starting position, and then twist/bend your waist in the left hand side.
6. Repeat as many times as recommended and then do the same while holding the dumbbell in left hand.
Ø During the exercise, keep your neck and torso, straight in a proper alignment.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø For the sake of variation, you can do this exercise with barbell on your shoulders or while seating on a bench.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.