Sunday, 1 July 2012
INCLINED BENCH PRESS(BARBELL) FOR CHEST
INCLINED BARBELL BENCH PRESS
PRIMARY TARGET: CHEST(MAJOR PEC)
OTHER MUSCLES : SHOULDERS ,TRICEPS
1. Lie down on an inclined bench.
2. Lift the barbell from the rack and hold it straight over you.
3. In this position, Your arms must be fully extended and locked.
4. In this starting position, slowly Lower the barbell down to the upper chest, while inhaling.
5. Pause for a second in this position and feel the contraction in your chest muscles.
6. While using maximum strength from your chest muscles, push the bar back to the starting position as you exhale.
7. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø Before doing this exercise, must ensure a spotter person behind you(to avoid any accident).
Ø Be careful while picking and placing back the bar in the rack.
Ø Motion, while lowering down the barbell should be slow as compare to upward.
Ø To make this work out more effective for different muscles of chest, adjust different inclination angles of the incline bench.
Ø Changing the inclined bench angle helps you to hit the different muscles of chest a little differently with every single degree change.
Ø This exercise can also be performed with dumbells.
Ø Don't try to increase the pace which may lead to bounce the barbell on your chest.
Ø Make a full control on the barbell during the whole exercise.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.