Saturday, 21 July 2012
LEG-HIP RAISE (INCLINE BENCH) FOR ABDOMEN MUSCLES
INCLINE LEG-HIP RAISE
PRIMARY TARGET : ABS MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : NIL
1. Lie down yourself on an incline bench, as shown above.
2. Hold the feet hook arrangement of the bench with your hands, for better support.
3. Now, contract your belly by pulling your belly button towards your spine, in the mean while raise-up bent knees towards your shoulders, by flexing your hips and waist completely, as you exhale.
4. Pause for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
5. Slowly, Return back to the starting position by fully extending your waist, hips and knees, as you inhale.
6. With the procedure mentioned above, do the recommended number of repetitions.
Ø For the sake of variation, the exercise can also be done by placing a weight plate in between your ankles or simply lying down on the ground and flexing your hips (which is also known as “LYING LEG-HIP RAISE”).
Ø Make sure that upper body remain stationary, during the exercise.
Ø Try to avoid/minimize the use of body momentum.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.