Sunday, 15 July 2012
HANDS ON CHEST CRUNCHES FOR STRONG ABS
HAND CHEST CRUNCH
PRIMARY TARGET : ABS MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : NIL
1. Lie down flat on the ground in such a manner that your back and hips are acting as a base and touching the ground.
2. Now, bend your knees at 90 degree angle.
3. In this starting position, place your hands across your chest as shown above.
4. Now, contract your belly by pulling your belly button towards your spine and pulling up your shoulder blades about 3-4 inches above the ground, as you exhale.
5. Pause for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
6. Slowly lower down your torso back to the starting position, as you inhale.
7. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø During the exercise, keep your neck straight in a proper alignment.
Ø During the exercise, keep your back flat against the floor.
Ø Place your feet on a bench, if you have any back problem.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø For the sake of variation, you can do this exercise with weights, exercise ball or on a decline bench.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.