Wednesday, 4 July 2012
CHAIN CROSS OVER FOR CHEST
PRIMARY TARGET : CHEST
OTHER MUSCLES : SHOULDERS
1. Firstly, make sure that both the pulleys are at same height above your head, according to your tallness.
2. Secondly, make sure that both sides of the pulleys have the same load.
3. Hold the handles of both the pulleys.
4. In the starting position, lean your torso down ward upto some depth, With your elbows slightly bend to prevent stress at the biceps tendon.
5. Now, with a deep inhale, extend your arms to the forward side in a wide arc until you feel a stretch on your chest.
6. In the above position your hands are just in front of your upper chest.
7. Pause for a second, feel the contraction in your chest and shoulder muscles.
8. Return back via following the same wide arc, to the starting position slowly as you exhale.
9. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø During the whole exercise, your torso and waist should be stiff and straight.
Ø During the exercise, torso should be leaned forward.
Ø Slightly bend your hips and knees during the exercise.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø For the sake of variation, you can do this exercise by holding your torso straight to height without leaning forward and stepping one foot forward.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.