Saturday, 21 July 2012
ALTERNATE TOE-TOUCH CRUNCHES FOR 6 PACK FINISHING
ALTERNATE TOE TOUCH
PRIMARY TARGET : ABS MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : NIL
1. Lie flat on the ground and straighten your legs.
2. Raise your left leg straight up in such a manner, that there is an angle of 90 degrees in between your leg and torso, as shown above.
3. In this starting position, contract your belly by pulling your belly button towards your spine and touch your right hand up to the left toe, as you exhale.
4. Pause for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
5. Come back to the starting position, as you inhale and now, touch your left hand to the right toe, while crunching your abdomen.
6. As the procedure mentioned above, do the recommended number of repetitions every time with alternate sides.
Ø For the sake of variation, you can do this exercise by touching both the toes with both hands, in every single repetition.
Ø Make sure that your left hand and right leg remain stationary on the ground, when you are touching your right hand to left toe and vice-versa.
Ø Try to avoid/minimize the use of body momentum.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.