Friday, 29 June 2012
INCLINED DUMBELL RAISE FOR SHOULDERS
INCLINED DUMBELL SHOULDER RAISE
PRIMARY TARGET: SHOULDER MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES :TRAPS,FOREARM,CHEST
1. Rest your back on an incline bench with the incline set anywhere between 45 to 60 degrees.
2. Hold a dumbbell on each hand firmly.
3. Pick the dumbells and rest them on your thighs.
4. In this starting position, your arms are extended straight and palms are facing down your thighs.
5. Slowly raise the dumbells as you exhale until they are little above shoulders level.
6. Pause for a second in this position and feel the contraction in the shoulders.
7. Lower the dumbells back down slowly to the starting position i.e. just one inch above the thighs, while inhaling.
8. Repeat as many times as recommended .
Ø The inclined bench angle can be changed between 30 to 60 degrees.
Ø Changing the inclined bench angle helps you to hit the different muscle a little differently with every single degree change.
Ø Keep your head resting down against the bench and your legs on the floor at all times.
Ø Lift as much weight as you can do with smooth form. As too much weight leads to a bad form.
Ø This exercise can also be done by using weight plate and barbell.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.