Thursday, 28 June 2012
FRONT RAISE FOR SHOULDERS
FRONT DELTOID RAISE
PRIMARY TARGET: SHOULDER MUSCLES
1. Pick dumbells in both hands and stand straight.
2. Hold dumbells in both hands firmly.
3. Position dumbells in front of thighs with elbows straight or slightly bent.
4. Raise dumbbell with single hand alternatively.
5. While exhaling Raise the dumbell to the Height just above horizontal i.e. the height of your shoulders.
6. Pause for a second in this position and slowly come down back to the starting position as you inhale.
7. Repeat as many times as recommended .
Ø This exercise can be done either in sitting position or standing position. but standing position is considered more effective.
Ø Dumbells are more effective as compare to barbell, because dumbbells will challenge each arm independently.
Ø Elbows are kept straight or slightly bent throughout the movement.
Ø Pace, while doing alternative up-down movements must be slow or medium.