Sunday, 24 June 2012
BEHIND SHOULDER BARBELL PRESS
BEHIND SHOULDER PRESS
PRIMARY TARGET: SHOULDER MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : TRICEPS
1. Hold the barbell with slightly wider than your shoulder width.
2. Position the barbell behind your neck slowly as you inhale.
3. Push the barbell upward until your arms are fully extended as you exhale.
4. Return back the bar behind your neck.
5. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø Don’t overload the barbell without any one near to help,as it may be dangerous.
Ø Take help if required, instead of taking risk.
Ø Set barbell on forward rack slightly below shoulder height so bar may be more easily mounted and racked.
Ø This exercise can be performed either by sitting or standing.
Ø Don’t rest the bar behind the neck, during downward movement of bar.